Sudan invitations tenders for consultants for photo voltaic PV irrigation project

The government of Sudan has launched tender looking for consultants to help within the implementation of an irrigation project in the states of North Kordofan and West Kordofan.
The venture involves set up of 1,170 photo voltaic irrigation pumps in the country. Successful consultants will present engineering and supervision providers, design of photo voltaic water pumping methods, in accordance with the necessities of each farm.
The firms will also provide assistance to the irrigation venture implementation unit, supervision and contract administration of works related to the installation and commissioning of the photo voltaic pumps. The corporations may also help the challenge implementation unit through technical and financial supervision to ensure that all works are carried out in accordance with the contract specs. The consultants may even take part within the development actions and in the implementation of the project’s environmental and social administration plan.
Read:Optimising effectivity of solar-powered pumping methods
Erratic rainfall
The photo voltaic pumps shall be put in in North Kordofan and West Kordofan states the place erratic rainfall is generally skilled because of the arid climate and climate change, with a negative impact on agricultural yields, according to the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO).
ราคาเพรสเชอร์เกจ shall be used to pump groundwater. In addition to food security, the project goals to scale back farmers’ dependence on fossil fuels, which are harmful to human well being and the environment. Interested companies have till September 14th, 2021 to use.
The irrigation project is 75% financed by a $21.7 million mortgage from the African Development Bank (AfDB). The remaining 25% shall be paid in installments over three years. The pan-African institution indicates that the installation of the solar pumps shall be accomplished by December thirty first, 2025.

Leave a Comment